Thursday, June 3, 2010

24 hour power!

Nose in a day tomorrow! Nervous, intimidated, psyched. We are going for it. We are going to start around 4 or 5 am, an hour before light. I don't really know what climbing for that long is going to be like.... even just hanging out pulling an all-nighter sucks.. oh well. Maybe my constant flow of adrenaline will keep me moving. I'm nervous about the great roof. Not only have I not climbed that pitch, but I have to back clean every piece of gear on the traverse to make it faster for Colin to clean. So if I fell I'd take at least a 50 or 60 foot whipper. I'd be fine though.. it would just suck. Free climbing in the dark is also going to be hard.. maybe not hard, but just slower. When you're climbing in the dark, your whole world is only as big as the beam of your headlamp. It seems less scary, because you can't see all the way down haha. We are bringing one rope. That means we can't bail, it's just our insurance policy so we guarantee success. Anyways, I'm ready for it.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment