Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Summer, getting ready

I finished my last final last night, and moved out of my dorm room today. I'm going to be back home only long enough to move everything back into my parent's house, and pack up my summer house on wheels ('97 jeep cherokee). I feel that nervous excitement right now. It's similar to that feeling you get when you go on a first date, except ten times better. I'm going to spend my summer in yosemite.

I have never been camping for more than a week, and it's difficult to figure out how to pack everything I'll need for a two month trip. Trying not to bring everything I don't absolutely need, yet not bringing too little. I've got all of my climbing gear spread out across my living room floor (sorry Mom and Dad), and my clothes almost packed. All I need to do is make a quick stop at rei and wal mart tomorrow for a few necessary things, and I'll be ready to go.

It seems surreal in a way because I have spent so much time day dreaming about this trip, and now it's finally here. My first trip to yosemite on spring break only made made my excitement and distraction from school worse! It's going to be incredible.. waking up every day doing whatever I want.. unless I'm on a wall, then I will be 'forced' to climb.

2 comments: