Friday, May 21, 2010

Another rainy day.

It's rainy today. Colin drove in last night, and we had plans to go climb serenity crack and sons of yesterday. I woke up this morning to the sound of rain on our tent fly, bummer. Colin was still psyched to go climb though. We got there, and the route looked pretty dry. The third pitch of serenity crack was the 5.10d crux, before we got there I already knew that Colin was going to make me lead that. I cruised up the huge pin scars on the first pitch with not much protection, and then followed the second pitch. I think I was so nervous about the crux on the third, that it actually felt easier than the rest of the climb. It started raining while Colin finished the last pitch, so we rapped down before we got to climb sons of yesterday.


the first pitch


Me following the second pitch

The weather wasn't looking good for the rest of the day, so we went to go check out the alcove swing at the base of el capitan. Colin gave Chris and I a quick run through of how not to get stuck out in space after swinging. Chris got stuck, so we had to go grab a rope and pull him back in.







2 comments: