Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ice


Seven hours to go on a drive to a crazy place where my friend Bud Miller farms ice in Ouray Colorado. A quick trip to sharpen my ice tools and get the groove of climbing ice just incase I encounter an unfortunate situation down in Patagonia. Last year I was glad to have the little experience that I did for the single dangerous mixed pitch that Scott and I came across while climbing The North Pillar Sit Start on Fitz Roy. It felt great to get out of the city and return to the simple life of 'eat, sleep, climb'.

Box Canyon


I ran across Nathan Smith who works over at Liberty Mountain. He was the first person to start supporting me as a climber, and that has opened up many opportunities for me. I was psyched to lead my first pitch of ice of the season so he could shoot a few photos. 

Tangled Up In Blue


Nathan Smith

Edelweiss

Automatic

Carbon Fiber

Homemade Pizza

Whisky Slaps

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment