Thursday, May 17, 2012

Claro De Luna

Here is a photoblog post showing illustrating my adventure to climb the route that I received a grant from the American Alpine Club to climb. After Scott and I climbed The North Pillar Sit Start, I was sufficiently in good climbing shape and completely in tune with the alpine climbing in Patagonia.  

10 days spent up at Niponino basecamp was enough time to bail off of Claro De Luna due to a route finding mistake, and then proceed to un-bail a few days later. Clayton Laramie and I climbed the 800 meters of immaculate granite on the peak Saint Exupery in t-shirts. 

I onsighted every pitch, and experienced one of the most incredible days in my life. Every detail fell perfectly into place, I was with a great partner, and I was completely in my element. 

Enjoy the photos: 
















5 comments: